Thursday, January 10, 2008

13-The wonderful world of wikis

Wikis are an interesting animal. Take for instance, Wikipedia that was the first time I ever heard of a wiki and I thought wow what a cool idea but wouldn't it be easy for misinformation to abound on a site like that. And, yes, that can and does happen. So, it's not like I can point someone to wikis to get completely reliable information. I'm sure the content is monitored but I doubt seriously if it is all fact checked, you know? Anyway, I get the impression that wikis are the beginning of something that hasn't found out what it is or its actual purpose or end state. In looking through some of the wikis from the discovery exercise I found that there are so many out there I was overwhelmed with the choices and the multitude of information available. Some of it I'm sure is very helpful but it's way too much to ask of myself to sift through all that. I will wait until a more streamlined, batched, organized tool exists, like a wiki info manager:)

No comments: