Thursday, January 17, 2008

17-D-licious

I love the delicious site. I have been using it for about a year and half. I love being able to be at any computer and access my favorites. Especially since, working in the libraries you are constantly switching computers. What a hassle to have to make sure you have every single one of your favorites on every single machine you use or may use. I also like that you can see how many people have listed it as one of their favorites and you can find more sites through that. The tagging thing is something I am still getting the hang of. In the beginning it was easy just to tag something without much thought and now I have all these random tags. I like the grouping, that makes up for some of my tagging mistakes. I need to think about my tags more so that I can have a bit more order. I introduced delicious to some of my co-workers and they loved it. I think it is very useful in the workplace, especially in an information driven workplace like the library. We can share our favorites with anyone anywhere there's a computer with access to the web.

No comments: