Sunday, January 13, 2008

14-VBPL RA Wiki

I have not made up my mind about the VBPL RA Wiki. I like the RA Gourmet blog but the wiki seems like a lot of work for not a lot of return. I put in a staff pick. It's a long list and thankfully it is alphabetized but if that's all it ends up being is a long list w/o any better way to navigate through it then I don't see much benefit. I guess my real problem is, I like it when I know how to find out how things operate. All this do it and then we'll learn that later business doesn't set well with me. But, at the same time it makes you go beyond your comfort zone and that's a good thing. Personally, I am not a big fan of the wiki thing since anyone can edit the format and it can change the uniformity. So, overall it's going to take time for me to see a lot of good in the wiki...any wiki. I'm certainly glad I don't have a wiki I have to manage. It's funny, technology provides a lot of convenience in our lives but with every new bit of technology there is something else to manage. There is alway some kind of upkeep. Finding out the ways it works, personalizing it, adding current pics or info. No wonder we feel like we don't have any time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that I agree with everything you said. A library wiki, as you stated a lot of work for what return. And then someone can go in and change things. I do not like it,