Thursday, February 14, 2008

30-For real...I'm done?

So this is it, the race is over. I'm glad, now I can just play as I have time. I have gained a good deal more information from this experience mostly about how library's are grappling with Web 2.0 issues and how or if to incorporate them...the answer is yes. I've also encountered some fun new toys to play with. It's been encouraging and enlightening to read articles from people who aren't afraid of new technology. I guess all technology was new at some point. I've enjoyed seeing how others have used and implemented some of the tools, software and such for WEB 2.0 either personally or in a job related way. Nothing unexpected happened. I expected to learn about some new stuff and I did. This was a huge undertaking for a first of it's kind training like this. It was done and executed as well as it could've been I believe but as with all new endeavors there is room for improvement. Sometimes the instructions on how to do something didn't include every step...that is frustrating. Not being able to get to all the resources from every computer was frustrating. Needing more than 30 minutes for a "thing" was frustrating. I consider myself to be a competent techy person someone who is above average in my knowledge but not extremely tech savvy. My level of techiness is different from others so maybe if there were fewer "things" but with varying levels of tech skill required those who already have the basics don't get bored but the newbies don't get overwhelmed and the people like me can stay superficial or really dive into something they find interesting. I know a lot of people who just gave up becuase they were overwhelmed and frustrated. I really enjoyed this training and hopefully will begin to put it to good use in my work life and not just my personal life. I would certainly take another training like this again. It can only get better right?







1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things, collaborated with peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.